Monday 8 September 2008

Crafters' Day Out

Date: 2nd September 2008
Purpose of trip: To check out Whichcraft in Doncaster
Getting there: Bus to the station, train to Doncaster
Travelling companions: None on the journey but spent the day with my crafting 'kindred spirit', Lesley


After meeting in the virtual world, Lesley and I met in the real world at a Graphicus workshop this summer. Having found that we share similar tastes and hitting it off really well, we promised ourselves that we would meet up again before I went back to work in September. Our first choice was another workshop but we didn't quite pull that one off this time. Instead we went to visit Paula Walters' Whichcraft in the Corn Exchange at Doncaster. We thought we had plenty of time but we filled lots of it with chat and nearly ran out of shopping time. Next time we will manage a workshop.


Extra points for:
  1. The man at the station ticket office. I think he smiled at the lady in front of me in the queue. Or it may have just been wind.
  2. The Corn Exchange. What a beautiful building. The ironwork inside is superb. I remember it from my childhood when I made shopping trips to Donny with my parents but hadn't realised that was where we were heading. We had lunch in the Gallery Tea Room and I really can't think of a nicer setting.

  3. Coffee and Walnut cake in Costa. We almost didn't care that the chocolate twist shelf was just crumbs.

    Points deducted for:
  1. The Frenchgate Centre car park. Yes, there are apparently three Level 4s! So, of course, 66% percent of first time visitors are going to think they have had their cars stolen.

  2. Being too busy talking to get out my camera. There were plenty of photo opportunities but I don't multitask. Sooo...we have to go back!

2 comments:

craftimamma said...

Now I only have to visit your blog (which I do regularly) to remind me of our great day out.

I had a lovely time and can't wait for the next one in October.

Lesley XX

InkyArtitude said...

I'm really enjoying your 'off the leash' reports. Love the humour and great pics. I'll be back for more. Thank you!