Friday 24 April 2009

Venice - Saturday/Sunday

Date: 12th - 16th April 2009
Purpose of trip: holiday
Getting there:
  • Easyjet from East Midlands to Marco Polo.
  • ATVO flybus from Marco Polo to Mestre.
  • Trenitalia train from Mestre to Santa Lucia.
  • ACTV buses between Mestre and Venice.
Travelling companions: Karen and Cynthia

A year ago, it looked like I would never make it to Venice. But here I was on the brink on a second trip in just 6 months. This time it was a girls' trip so it kind of qualifies as an Off The Leash. It had been booked at the beginning of the year and hadn't taken a lot of planning. But things looked grim 24 hours before we were due to fly, as I slammed into the doorway in a fit of excitement. My toe is still tender now and I suspect it may be broken. But as long as I could get my shoe on and hobble, I was still going to be on that plane. A bag of frozen smoothie mix applied to the affected toe for a few hours on Saturday night worked wonders and by Sunday morning I could even walk without limping. On Monday morning it looked like this.

1 comment:

craftimamma said...

Oh Wow Jo, that looks sore!

Lesley Xx