Thursday 26 June 2008

Where did it all begin?

My first off-the-leash experience was many years ago when I took my two young sons on a seaside holiday. I came back a bolder person, having relied on my own resources and made a success of the trip. Since then I've been determined not to miss out on anything because I didn't have someone to go with me. Now I've turned it into a bit of a lifestyle in itself. I wouldn't actually object to going away with my husband but that tends to be the exception rather than the rule these days.
The typical off-the-leash experience involves a trip away from home for some indulgent purpose. Trips are rated according to a variety of criteria such as forms of transport used, amount of research needed to organise the trip, amount of time spent away from home etc. Points can be deducted for anything that detracts from the experience such as train delays and general wimping out of challenges. I reserve the right to make all of that stuff up as I go along. This is my blog, after all, so I can make up the rules and change them on a whim!
I have no pretensions here towards travel blogging. I'm unlikely to report a trip to anywhere glamorous. Some destinations might be distinctly uninteresting but those of you who know me will probably understand what the game is really all about. Those of you who don't know me...how on earth did you find your way here?

No comments: