Thursday 26 June 2008

Bon Jovi at the Ricoh stadium

Date: 24th June 2008
Purpose of trip: Bon Jovi in Concert
Getting there: Car to Coventry airport, Taxi to the Ricoh
Travelling companions: 1 - Karen, my bestest friend
Extra points for:


  1. The brill picnic
  2. Bon Jovi being fab
  3. Overnight stay at the Innkeeper's Lodge
  4. Long girlie chats in the dark


Points deducted for:
  1. Booking tickets late
  2. Traffic chaos and park and ride fiasco
  3. The taxi driver who charged £35 for a 10 minute ride
  4. Neglecting to buy neither a shirt nor a programme
  5. The people in our row who had us out of our seats every five minutes so they could get beer/go to the toilet
  6. Failing to drink enough during the day
  7. Not changing out of my work uniform

2 comments:

cazzie said...

Hi Jo, found your blog following your comment left on Artylicious blog and just wanted to say hello to a fellow Bon Jovi fan. Although we live in the West Midlands we choose to travel to Manchester for Sundays show. We took our 2 teenagers to their first Bon Jovi concert and had an absolutely fantastic time. Had virtually lost my voice by the time we came out though...great to be able to sing so loudly along with everybody else!

craftimamma said...

Hi again Jo

I've followed your blog from Artylicious and just wanted to say I love your subtle sense of humour.

I know exactly what you mean about little travel 'adventures'. Getting into papercrafting 2 years ago (and I too say I'm still a beginner) I decided if I wanted to learn I had to visit places like Stampmagic (The Dome) and especially Graphicus so I took myself off. I have to say I'm a bit of a whimp in that I usually drive but I do enjoy going on my own as I get no guilty feelings about how long I spend browsing or watching demos.

Anyway loved all your cards etc on your other blog and will definitely visit again.

Lesley GG197