Sunday 3 August 2008

Dad's birthday

Date: 12th July 2008
Purpose of trip: Celebrate dad's birthday
Getting there: Train to Sunny Scunny, bus to Ashby
Travelling companions: 0


Extra points for:

  1. Lunch at the Hotel Clamart - great find, dad. Nice home cooked bistro food and a really nice setting for eating
  2. Being geeky together trying to sort out cameras and bits for dad's flash new laptop
  3. Dad insisting on giving me a drink to take back on the train. Turned out to be a life saver in bad travelling conditions
  4. Going back to my roots. My dad's family have great DNA. None of my direct ancestors on my dad's side have died before the age of 60. Dad is in his eighties and has two elder brothers still going strong







Hotel Clamart


Points deducted for:

  1. Cable theft on the railway meant stopping at every signal to get authorisation to pass. But I didn't miss a connection because EVERY train I needed was running late
  2. No online manual for dad's camera. Come on Praktica, every manual should be up there. If you can't manage that then at least make menus etc more intuitive
  3. Giving dad a John Grisham book he'd already read. Poor research on my part.

No comments: