Sunday 3 August 2008

Back to Graphicus

Date: 24th July 2008
Purpose of trip: Rubberstamping Workshop
Getting there: Train to Darlington, bus to Barnard Castle
Travelling companions: 0

Extra points for:

  1. My map reading skills which got me to a hidden craft gem in Darlington
  2. Meeting fellow crafter/blogger/Graphicus devotee Lesley who I'd previously only exchanged e mails with
  3. Overnight stay at Homelands Guest House in Barnard Castle. A real 'personal touch' guest house as opposed to the faceless lodge type hotel I usually go for
  4. Homemade bread toast with breakfast
  5. Rubbing shoulders with real artists
  6. Ditching my backpack in favour of a small case on wheels
  7. Mr Buns - ooh yes!
  8. Great travel reading in the form of 'The Book Thief'. Thanks, Stacey, for recommending that one.

Points deducted for:

  1. Repeating routines. Jo, that is cheating! Fish and chips and Costa coffee are all well and good but it's time to live beyond the comfort zone!
  2. Poor stamina. I lost concentration before my craft projects were complete
  3. Hot weather. Say no more.



1 comment:

Phree said...

Hi Jo, LOL I just caught up with that.. the heat was a killer as far as concentration went for me too... well that and it was just so exciting to meet other lovely crafy people. A word of advice about those fish and chips... next time try the Jersey Farm just outside of Barney... yummy!